Cheshire Football Wives are Playing By their Own Rules
There’s a new reality TV show that’s in a league of its own. The Real Housewives of Cheshire follows the fortunes of six high-maintenance WAGs in all their high-spending, gossip-mongering, eye-scratching glory.
It’s the first time there’s been a British version of the show. The Real Housewives franchise has already been a huge hit across The Pond with versions of the programme in New York, Beverly Hills and, most recently, Atlanta.
The new UK series, which launched in January on ITVBe, seems set to score highly too. But there’s clear division between viewers. Some are gripped by the wives’ over-indulgent attitude to money, while others are simply disgusted by it.
Meanwhile, their footballing husbands get their fair share of publicity, too. Maybe footballers don’t appear as regularly in the gossip magazines as their glamorous other halves, but it’s easy for fans to keep up with the latest happenings through news websites like blue square.
Football rumours, transfer news and FA Cup updates are just as fascinating to the men in our lives as the latest WAG shopping spree is to us.
Of course some WAGs are style personified. Victoria Beckham and Coleen Rooney lead the pack when it comes to looking good.
Follow these tips to kick start your WAG lifestyle and perhaps you’ll net a footballer along the way.
1. Always dress smartly, even if it’s just jeans and a crisp white tee.
2. Always wear make-up, but reserve false eyelashes and a full-on face for nights out.
3. Always keep your hair in good order. Keep it clean, brushed and bouncy.
4. Always accessorise to make even the simplest outfit looked polished. Choose the right handbag, on-trend jewellery and most fashionable sunglasses.
5. Always keep your body buff with regular workouts and a healthy diet.
6. Always put a lot of effort into looking well-groomed. Wax your legs, paint your nails and bronze your skin.