10 Ways to ‘Let Your Hair Down’
Are you always on the go? Do you feel like you never make much time for fun? Well you should. It’s important to find the right balance between work and play, so here are 10 ideas that will help you let your hair down.
- Take a weekend away with your friends. It doesn’t have to be anywhere fancy.It’s all about spending time with people you have a laugh with. Ukbreakaways offer lots of great deals on short breaks at resorts such as Pontins in Weston-Super-Mare, so get online and find somewhere to take a break from the hussle and bussle of home life.
- Go dancing. Whether that is with your other half or with your friends, at a class or at a night club; dancing allows you to let your hair down (literally) and let loose. Why not put on Taylor Swifts song ‘Shake it off’, and ‘shake’ all your worries away.
- Have a movie day. For one day don’t make any plans. Take your duvet and pillows to your living room and enjoy a movie marathon with all your favourite sweet treats.
- Book a spa day. There is no greater way to relax than spending the day getting pampered. Enjoy an all-over-body-massage and spend hours soaking in the Jacuzzi. Take some friends along with you as it’s a perfect time to catch up. Choose a spa that is out in the countryside so you can switch off from city life.
- Act like a tourist. Take a break from your regular surroundings by acting like a tourist in your own city. Go and visit a museum that you’ve been meaning to go to for ages or wander to another part of town that you don’t go to often. A simple change of your routine can be the ideal way to let your hair down.
- Go to a theme park. Were you once an adrenaline junkie but you haven’t been to a theme park for years? Then make the most of some ‘you-time’ and head down to the likes of Alton Towers and enjoy the trilling rides of Oblivion, Nemesis, Air or something a bit calmer like the Log Flume.
- Take a road trip. Ask your friend to take you on a road trip but ask them not to tell you where you are going. The unknown can be exciting for many and he or she might take you somewhere that you love which will be a great surprise for you.
- Go shopping and treat yourself to something new. Maybe splurge on something that you wouldn’t normally buy yourself such as an expensive pair of shoes. You work hard and it’s only right that you treat yourself every now and again!
- Meet up with high school friends. Meeting up with your old friends can be a great way to remind yourself of your younger years and catch up on all the gossip. You may rekindle a friendship that you had when you were younger but drifted apart as everyday life got in the way.
Do what you enjoy and have fun!